Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Sharp pain in bottom left of chest, worse after food is co

Customer Question

Sharp pain in bottom left of chest, worse after food is consumed
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

This is most likely to be acid dyspepsia (acidity or gas pains due to the action of stomach acids).

The site of the pain including the fact that it is aggravated by eating is a strong indicator of acid dyspepsia.

Continue with the Gaviscon. At the same time consult your pharmacist for a PPI - proton pump inhibitors. Some varieties are available OTC and will give you relief.

Besides this frequent and timely meals are required. Avoid smoking and alcohol.

Also discuss this with your GP. These steps will help till you meet your GP.

Read up this for more info:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Indigestion/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.