Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

Been feeling ill for 4 weeks now, symptoms, anxiety, no energy,

Been feeling ill for 4 weeks now, symptoms, anxiety, no energy, shaky hands, weight loss
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 years ago.
Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your problem.

Please kindly answer a few queries.

1) Have you got any investigations done ? If yes please mention them ?

2) Are you overly stressed and tense over the same duration of time?

3) What treatment have you tried so far ? Have you consulted a doctor yet ?

I shall get back to you once you reply to my queries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No investigations done yet, not overly stressed at all and just tried paracetamol.

Thanks for the reply.

Well i will suggest that you get the below mentioned investigations done after discussing them with your family doctor. Also make sure that your doctor carries out a thorough general physical examination and systemic examination so as to formulate a differential diagnosis.

Although the symptoms that you have mentioned do not clearly cut a clinical picture of what you might be suffering from, however one of the differential diagnosis that you need to investigate and rule out is Thyroid dysfunction ( Hyperthyroidism) as symptoms like shaky hands, unexplained weight loss despite average or good appetite, anxiety, lack of energy, lethargy, etc are common symptoms of this condition.

So by getting the below mentioned investigations you shall be able to get a much clear idea about the cause behind your condition which then you shall discuss with your doctor.

The investigations that you need to discuss with your doctor and carry out are --

1) Complete blood count with ESR.

2) Fasting and post-prandial blood sugar levels.

3) Thyroid function test.

These basic investigations shall be helpful to provide you a better idea about your condition and how to resolve it.

Please refrain yourself from using paracetamol without any recommendation from your doctor as it may cause harm to you and worsen your condition.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

You are most welcome to share with me the test results and discuss the future course of action.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also I have a sharp pain in bottom left of my chest that only last for no more than a few seconds, any thoughts ?

That seems to be a non-specific symptom which is more of a functional, anxiety induced pain than organic or physical in nature, but still while doing systemic examination your doctor shall be able to rule it out for you although it does not appear to be associated with any heart condition if that is what you dread it is.

I hope this helps.