Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am 19, and this morning when I woke up, I noticed that my

I am 19, and this morning when I woke up, I noticed that my penis (while erect) was flat up against my stomach. However it was bending from about 1-1.5cm from the base. I was wondering if this is something that is natural or if it may be the result of a medical issue. There are no signs of injury, and it did straighten when I got up, any advice would be much appreciated.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

If it straightened when you got up, it likely means nothing at all. Could have been pressure from clothing or bedclothes. Diseases that cause curvature of the penis in young men are almost nonexistant. Scar tissue from penile fracture can cause an abnormal ben.

Dr. K. :

Bend

Dr. K. :

Tbis would be from trauma or sexual intercourse. It wouldnt resolve on its own.

Dr. K. :

I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Customer:

Thank you for you help. I just thought it seemed a little odd that it was able to bend quite freely from that point, especially when erect. I shall keep an eye on it, over the next week or so and arrange an appointment with my GP if I worry, no harm in getting it looked at. Once again, thanks.

Dr. K. :

Sure, thanks for coming to JA. Please consider a positive rating before you leave the chat.