Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi Ive been three times now to see my GP about a rash I

Customer Question

I've been three times now to see my GP about a rash I have which is spreading all over my body and becoming worse. I have had the rash now for a few months.
I have no history at all of skin conditions and no allergies.
I haven't changed cosmetics or washing powder etc.
The doctor has tried me on 2 types of anti histamine, Balneum (?) and a cream called econol (?). None has had any impact and it is continuing to spread and becoming more irritating. I have blood tests booked for next week.
It's worse if I'm hot and in the middle of the night. It doesn't weep but does itch and is raised and red.
It's driving me mad as it's so itchy and now sore. I'm hoping you may be able to shed some more light?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Can you attach a picture of the rash?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi unfortunately I can’ take the picture and I assume without it you can’t give an accurate diagnosis?

Julie

Actually, we do not make a diagnosis based solely on a picture. From a medical perspective, a diagnosis is only made based on a complete evaluation.

It is the same sort of distinction as a Radiologist reading a x-rays. A Radiologist reading a chest x-ray can say that there are changes that are consistent with pneumonia, but the Radiologist does not make a diagnosis based solely on the x-ray image. Only the doctor that performs a complete evaluation, including a review of the x-ray image or report, can make the diagnosis.

However, we can discuss what possible conditions could be present based on a review of a picture. I certainly can provide a more meaningful answer to your question if I can review a picture of the rash.