DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am worried about my right ear, It feels like it has water

I am worried about my right ear, It feels like it has water in it, but has been like this for a week. I had a bad cold and went to the doctor last Wednesday 16th April, mainly because of my ear, I was given a prescription for Amoxicillin, for my ear and gummy eye, and told to get Actifed for the blocked nose etc, I also had a sore throat and cough, all the other symptoms have cleared except the ear.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Any fever?

In fact amoxicillin is not a great antibiotic for this situation.
What type of doctor prescribed it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a bit of a temperature at first, Friday 11th but this had gone by the Monday, My ear seemed to click when I was coughing on Tuesday 15th and made the appointment to see doctor on Wednesday 16th. My Doctor is a NHS GP

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
If it is clearing up , fine.
That does not sound to be the case.
I would talk to your doctor about augmentin or azithromycin as a further course of antibiotic..or, if the ear looks fine, a short course of prednisone to relieve inflammation.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].