Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 70 years old and have always enjoyed a happy a good

I am 70 years old and have always enjoyed a happy a good sex life. Over these past six months I have found it difficult to have an erection and just put it down to age. However, what is really bothering me is that with the occasional ejaculation the sperm is coloured and has what appears to have a 'brown' trace through it. I have no ache or pain in the testicles but can only feel that the tubes leading to the testicles are swollen. Is this just age, or should I be concerned? Very active with great energy otherwise.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.

Dr. D.J. :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Dr. D.J. :
Dr. D.J. :

Dr. D.J. :

Hi there,

This is Dr. D.J., experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr. D.J. :

Prostate infection or prostatitis is the most likely cause.

Urinary tract infection also possible.

Blood in the semen can be caused by the medications as well like aspirin, plavix etc.

However, burning and presence of blood do take some importance and infection should be considered.

Prostate cancer is another possibility at your age.

Dr. D.J. :

Hence, an ultrasound of the prostate, urine analysis ( preferably after milking the prostate) should be considered.

Dr. D.J. :

Serum PSA level should be checked also.

Dr. D.J. :

If you are on aspirin or blood thinner medication, that should be held to see improvement.

Dr. D.J. :

Best wishes,

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Dr. D.J. : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Dr. D.J. :
Dr. D.J. :

Dr. D.J. :
Hi there,

Dr. D.J. :

Urinary tract infection also possible.

Dr. D.J. :

Dr. D.J. :
Serum PSA level should be checked also.

Dr. D.J. :

Dr. D.J. :
Best wishes