MD_Online
MD_Online, Doctor
Experience:  10 years experience in the field of medicine
63900745

Hi, 8 days ago after eating I had the most severe stomach pain

Customer Question

Hi, 8 days ago after eating I had the most severe stomach pain I've ever experienced, I put it down to bad food but I continued to have stomach pains after eating anything the following 2-3 days and would be doubled over in pain for many hours a day and night. I can only explain the pain as feeling like trapped wind and the worst period pain ever mixed with that hungry acidy feeling you get when your extremely hungry ... The acidy feeling has been the latest discomfort over the past 2-3 days. I have taken tums to relieve stomach pains over the past 24hours as I last ditch attempt to resolve whatever is up by myself but I still find myself in an abnormal amount of pain. I am having regular bowel movements and would not consider bowel movements or wind to be different to normal but I would say both help considerably to ease the discomfort temporarily. Any help or advice will be gratefully received as I can't get into my doctors and I'm worried now
Expert:  MD_Online replied 3 years ago.

MD_Online :

MD_Online :

It may be gastritis, which is an irritation of the stomach lining, you are describing reflux symptoms to some extent and that you are relieved by tums which is antacid medication

MD_Online :

If you are generally healthy and do not take any medication regularly you might consider OTC Omeprazole. But I would recommend a visit to the doctors office

MD_Online :

Hope this helps