DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a red rash on one arm that looks like small broken blood

I have a red rash on one arm that looks like small broken blood vessels. I have had this for about 5-6 years. I had blood tests at doctors that came back normal. What would they have tested for? Should I see someone else? It doesn't itch or hurt but looks more noticeable whe I'm hot or have just got out the bath or shower. I do suffer from an itchy nose too and sneeze a lot especially if I drink alcohol. I also get blocked ears.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Have you been to the doctor
What tests?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes they just did routine blood tests as far as I'm aware. Results came back normal and doctor recommended for me to see a dermatologist.
I haven't seen one. I did get similar marks on my cheeks and I have started using a water based cleanser and moisturiser which have got rid of the marks on my face.
I don't know if anything like this would help my arm?
I do have very pale sensitive skin.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Why have you not seen the dermatologist
And what did your doctor call this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doctor didn't call it anything, he did not seem particularly concerned so I didn't follow it up with a dermatologist. I'm just curious as to what it is.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a picture?
Buy the way, we can not replace the dermatologist and it is recommended that you follow your doctors instructions.

Broken blood vessels are simply that.
Many people have these, usually from physical and structural stress, and this increases with age.

It is due to what is called capillary fragiliity, and rarely repreents a problem.

If it was spreading, then that could be a problem such as autoimmune vasculitis, but this would be obvious on exam, with bruising, etc.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I can't seem to attach a photo. It looks like red blotchy freckles all up my arm. It doesn't seem to be spreading it just appeared. Do you advise seeing a dermatologist?
The blood tests would of picked up anything abnormal that needed investigating wouldn't they?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I don't think it is serious, but I still advise following your doctors referral.
No, the blood tests, being routine, would not pick up abnormal causes of skin conditions.