Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

can you tell me what Altered LFTs-on co-codamol means pleas

can you tell me what Altered LFTs-on co-codamol means pleas on a form for blood test Gamma Glutamyl Transferase,Liver(ALT,T Bill,Alb,ALP
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--do you have the actual numbers for the LFT's?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just says -on co-codamol

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sidney--have you had previous liver studies that were normal? How much co-comadol do you take and for how long?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on blood test form

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes I understand Sidney but in previous blood tests have your LFT's been normal and, again, how much co-comadol do you take and for how long?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3 a day sins 2009

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sidney. Probably nothing too serious here but acetaminophen like what's in that medication, taken for a long time, can raise liver enzymes and they usually drop back to normal if it's discontinued. At this point I would get an ultrasound of your liver to look for any damage but it's unlikely that there has been any damage. Talk to your doctor about this but I think he'll tell you he just needs to find a different type of pain medication for you other than what you're taking now