Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have chest pain,coughing running nose, what could this

I have chest pain,coughing running nose, what could this be?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on and any fever? Bringing up anything with the cough and is the runny nose clear liquid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This has been going on for two days,bring up mucus with clear runing nose. Coughing makes it so pinfull.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Andrew--and any fever? Where exactly is the chest pain? Any wheezing or shortness of breath?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes feverish and shortness of breath, pain mostly upper chest and allmost towords hart side.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Andrew. While this could be a simple case of bronchitis that can run its course in five to seven days, with the chest pain and the fever and shortness of breath you may well have developed pneumonia and you need to see a doctor right away for an exam, blood work, a chest x-ray and antibiotics. Normally I'd just say to rest, get plenty of fluids and take ibuprofen or Tylenol for the fever, but this worries me enough to tell you that, if you were my patient, I'd tell you to come into my office right now