DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My daughter is very very anxious at the moment because some

My daughter is very very anxious at the moment because some blood results have come back saying her Bilirubin result has come back saying slightly raised. All other tests came back fine. Her anxity is sky high and is needing constant reassurance all the time. Can you give me some idea of what to say to her please
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will start by asking you a question or by giving you an answer based on your information provided so far. I will be here to follow up with any further questions or concerns you might have.

In the absence of other symptoms or findings there are too main possibilities.

Lab error of no consequence.

Gaucher's disease, which is generally harmless and results only in a slightly elevated bilirubin.

In the absence of illness, this finding is common and meaningless for the most part.

As the ordering doctor should have conveyed to her.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].