Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

What would I take if I had ureathral strep infection and for

What would I take if I had ureathral strep infection and for how long?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yeh I had this a while back, anaerobes and strep found from urethral swab - took metronidazole and azithromycin but not sure if it has worked. Have an intermittent non painful ache in my right testicle and my lower abdomen doesn't feel right. Have had some diahrheaa. Checked my testicles for nodules and there aren't any. Going to see dr tomorrow. I had a urine test a few weeks ago which was all clear so not sure what this ache is.
you likely have epididymitis

for this, I would take cipro
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have some cipro, what dose do I take, with or without food?? I have taken cipro before, will it be effective again??
I generally recommend seeing a doctor to do this

dose is generally 500 mg three times a day with food

It should be effective
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok no problem I'll see the doctor tomorrow. How long would cipro need to be taken for, 7 days or so?
yes

please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)