Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Dear Doctor I am very worried about Catching HIV. My son got

Dear Doctor I am very worried about Catching HIV. My son got spattered with blood in a nightclub when there was a fight (my son was not involved) The lad who was bleeding told them he was HIV positive, so my son went to get some blood tested and the first one came back negative, he also had a Hep B jab because the blood was on his TShirt near his eyes. I am worried because the T Shirt he wore was thrown among our towels and we used the towels and the TShirt was wrapped up with the towels so I used the TShirt to dry myself without knowing, this was well over a week after the TShirt got splattered. Am I or the rest of the family at risk from wiping our private parts with the TShirt, I am having treatment for an anal tear from child birth 3rd degree tear 21 years ago, also I have just finish treatment for Breast Cancer, could the HIV virus got into this tear or any other genital fluids. How long does the virus stay alive?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

no, you and your family are not at risk of contracting HIV this way.

Dr. David :

HIV is not easy to contract

Dr. David :

you have to have anal sex with an HIV positive person or inject used needles with drugs to contract HIV.

Dr. David :

you and your family are not at risks for contracting HIV

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David :

hello?