Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I used Veet hair removal on my bikini line etc and some may

Customer Question

I used Veet hair removal on my bikini line etc and some may have got onto my labia, Im only assuming, I've developed red little spots some with white heads, also my back passage is red raw and entrance to my anus has a split skin, later on the Sat I had intercourse (with a condom) with my partner, quite vigorous, and he also inserted his finger in my anus, on Wednesday we did not have intercourse but he did put his finger into my anus again but I said it wasnt comfortable and the started stimulating my clitoris (maybe with the same finger), it's painful when I pass urine, bowel movement isn;t too painful but I feel the tear will take time to heal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how soon after you applied the Veet did these symptoms begin? And this is all just since yesterday?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

This is a contact dermatitis. Its a chemical burn from the product that you used. This product is meant to be used in the pubic area, the top area and not the labia. Even so, it can cause a very severe contact dermatitis even when used correctly.

You want to avoid using too many products that will further irritate the area. Some that can be safely used are A and D ointment, found in the baby products section, or Silvadene cream, used for burns and laser surgery of the vulvar area. Use an ice pack also for relief. If you have severe itching, Zyrtec orally over the counter can help.

If you do not notice significant improvement within 48 hours, you should see a gynecologist. I hope this helps.