Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Im a 20 year old female . I have a strange headache ,like a

Customer Question

Im a 20 year old female . I have a strange headache ,like a pressure headache, and the top of my back is sore along with a sore neck. I felt I had a temperature that may be gone now (home thermometer is broke so couldn't check)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on and have you ever had something like it before? Can you tell me more about the headache itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had the sore back for about 3 days , and I get headaches quite alot,over the past 2 weeks, sometimes different types of headaches, but the one this morning was like a tension headache, kind of a pressure,it was around the top of my head but that seems to have faded, its mostly near my neck now.

maybe I need to drink more water....

my throat feels liike it may have some phlegm

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. This does sound like a tension headache problem from tight muscle in your neck and upper back. You can try some ibuprofen and topical capsaicin cream to your neck and upper back for now, but I'm obligated to tell you you need to have a doctor check this out as soon as possible since any bouts of headaches like this could mean either meningitis or possibly a bleed in your brain. While I think these are just tension headaches and I'm not trying to be alarmist here, since I can't examine you a doctor needs to
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's probably safe if I did, as I also have ITP. Thanks for the help, going to see the doc tomarrow :)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Just better to be safe rather than sorry in a case like this