Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, Im 25 and I have epilepsy (generalised) apart from that

Hi, I'm 25 and I have epilepsy (generalised) apart from that I'm fine, about two weeks ago I started getting VERY thirsty and feeling sick, dizzy and things looked sort of fuzzy. I keep feeling very tired but then I feel better again, much better but then suddenly I start feeling unwell and things look fuzzy, feel sick, dizzy and headache and I have to drink lots of water. Several times I've gone to bed at night and then woken up because my mouth and throat is so dry and I need to drink water, sometimes I wake up about 4 times at night for water and when I wake up I'm feeling dizzy and things look fuzzy. It's weird because this keeps happening and since two weeks ago now but it will get better after a few hours maybe. My gran suggested I had diabetes but I said no because I'm not overweight, I'm female, 5.7" and weigh just over 9 and half stone. My gran has diabetes so she checked my blood sugar levels with her monitor when I felt fine and her reader said 5.8 and when I started feeling unwell she tested again and it said 9.7 which she said was high. So is 9.7 high? If so could this be the reason for how I've been feeling and why would my blood sugar levels be high when I eat healthy and am not overweight? Why do I feel unwell when my blood sugar levels say 9.7 and why does it get better then get worse again? Sleeping at night seems worse because I wake up needing water and feel dizzy and things look fuzzy but this has only been since about two weeks ago. I am going to book a doctors appointment if it doesn't get better by next week but why might I be feeling like this? Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Customer: Hi, not sure how this works, just needed advice on the question I've asked......
Dr. Phil, MD :

no problem

Dr. Phil, MD :

when you checked the 9.7 was it after eating?

Customer: No it was in the morning
Customer: Felt very dizzy
Dr. Phil, MD :

okay. before eating?

Customer: yes
Dr. Phil, MD :

okay, that is diagnostic for diabets

Dr. Phil, MD :

diabetes

Dr. Phil, MD :

you have diabetes

Dr. Phil, MD :

I would make an appointment with your GP right away

Customer: Should I tell him I checked blood sugar? It was 9.7
Dr. Phil, MD :

Yes

Customer: How can it be diabetes, I'm not over weight though??
Dr. Phil, MD :

you probably have type 1 diabetes

Dr. Phil, MD :

usually people with this are not overweight

Customer: ok I will make an appointment. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX want to go to doctors in case it sounded stupid. Thanks!
Dr. Phil, MD :

you're welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

would you mind rating me positive before leaving?

Customer: Thank you!
Dr. Phil, MD :

I greatly appreciate it

Customer: Yes!
Dr. Phil, MD :

thank you

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)