DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I had a discharge after my last which unusually

I had a discharge after my last period which unusually lasted for a week without any change - clear and thick - after awhile I realised it has turned to thrush and started a thrush treatment - after 3 days of extreme discomfort I saw a gp for swab and also they confirmed it was thrush - 7 days later the symptoms subsided but I developed cystitis and in turn took the effervescent drinks which have held it at bay - however I have just finished my menstrual cycle again and have the same clear discharge now and I'm worried as to why it's not going away and if it's going to cause a bout of thrush again due to the moisture ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
A clear discharge can be normal.

Are there any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't really got many other symptoms but it's been over a month of having to wear sanitary towels due to amount of discharge - I'm sure the discharge is what caused the first bout of thrush which I've never had before
Swab tests were clear
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
So you need to see why this is happening.
Are you up to date on pelvic and paps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am due a pap soon. I feel a pattern coming on as same appears to be happening, discharge after menstrual period,then turns to thrush, then turns to cyscitis. Does this sound common?

I have researched and am going to make an appointment with my gp again tomorrow for a check but wondered if it could be bacterial vaginosis?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is not that uncommon but it is an odd pattern.

You should have everything completely swabbed this time to make sure there is not a bacterial overgrowth as well.

If you keep getting cystitis, an ultrasound of the bladder should be done, and perhaps a urology consultation if any urine is being retained.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].