DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I had a discharge after my last which unusually

I had a discharge after my last period which unusually lasted for a week without any change - clear and thick - after awhile I realised it has turned to thrush and started a thrush treatment - after 3 days of extreme discomfort I saw a gp for swab and also they confirmed it was thrush - 7 days later the symptoms subsided but I developed cystitis and in turn took the effervescent drinks which have held it at bay - however I have just finished my menstrual cycle again and have the same clear discharge now and I'm worried as to why it's not going away and if it's going to cause a bout of thrush again due to the moisture ?
A clear discharge can be normal.

Are there any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't really got many other symptoms but it's been over a month of having to wear sanitary towels due to amount of discharge - I'm sure the discharge is what caused the first bout of thrush which I've never had before
Swab tests were clear
OK
So you need to see why this is happening.
Are you up to date on pelvic and paps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am due a pap soon. I feel a pattern coming on as same appears to be happening, discharge after menstrual period,then turns to thrush, then turns to cyscitis. Does this sound common?

I have researched and am going to make an appointment with my gp again tomorrow for a check but wondered if it could be bacterial vaginosis?

It is not that uncommon but it is an odd pattern.

You should have everything completely swabbed this time to make sure there is not a bacterial overgrowth as well.

If you keep getting cystitis, an ultrasound of the bladder should be done, and perhaps a urology consultation if any urine is being retained.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].