Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am a 24 year old who is obese but has gone from 121.5kg

I am a 24 year old virgin who is obese but has gone from 121.5kg to 97.5kg since January. About two months ago I felt a small lump on my penis and consulted the NHS site which said it was likely something that would go away soon. It hasn't so I want to know it could be
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Customer:

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

do you have a picture that you could post?

Customer:

Not currently. I'm on my phone

Customer:

Should I come back when I can

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ok it would be best if you could upload a picture so that I could give a better opinion.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes you can come back when you can.

Customer:

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This live chat session would have converted into a question/answer mode.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are welcome.

Customer:

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
You had mentioned elsewhere that you wanted to relist this question.
Can you post the pictures?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have looked at the image and by appearance, it does not look worrisome, but it will help to answer a couple of other questions:
Is this lump firm to the touch when you press on it? Or is it softer?
Are there any other symptoms, such as pain, tenderness, or difficulty with erections?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is a certain amount of pressure I can apply to the lump to squeeze it but it is fairly firm I would say. I haven't had any additional symptoms and aside from having felt it I wouldn't have had a clue it was there.

From the appearance and the firmness, it is most likely due to fibrous tissue. Ultimately, it would require a proper examination to make a diagnosis. If it is confirmed to be fibrous tissue and it is not causing any problems, then there is typically no treatment needed.

Whenever there is a persistent lump anywhere on the body, it is appropriate to be checked. It is not something that requires an urgent evaluation and can be checked electively, and the initial evaluation can be done by your GP.

Therefore, from the appearance and description, it does not appear to be worrisome, but the next step would still be that you should be seen for a definitive diagnosis.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So with regards XXXXX XXXXX fibrous tissue, does it simply go away over time? How long does that take?

It varies. It frequently will improve over time, but it may not. In those men in whom it improves, it may do so over months or years. There is no single pattern.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.