Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 42 and had all the signs I was pregnant again....acid,

I am 42 and had all the signs I was pregnant again....acid, spots, sore breasts,sick....but it was too early as period isn't due for a week. But suddenly 4 days ago severe stomach cramps like I need the loo but nothing....these were on and off, and I felt freezing cold and very tired. Yesterday I started spotting, light and watery. Normally period is heavy and bright red and sudden. Very bad cramps all night and now starting to bleed but very dark. Am I miscarrying? So I need to see a do for or is it all fine?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The symptoms of pregnancy are very nonspecific meaning its not necessary that when you have these symptoms that you are pregnant.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hormonal changes as a result of anything like extreme emotional or physical stress can also cause these kind of symptoms.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It would be be highly unlikely for you to be miscarrying because you are having these symptoms even before your periods were due.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If your symptoms are severe I would recommend that you should visit the emergency to make sure everything is okay.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If your symptoms are mild to moderate then you can try consulting your GP.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please enter text in text box and use the reply button.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.