Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Small red bump on side of my penis. Doesnt hurt and has been

Small red bump on side of my penis. Doesn't hurt and has been there for a month. No other bumps around it.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Are you sexually active?
Any itching on penis?
Any burning sensation?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No itching or burning. Yes I am sexual active

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptom of small red painless bump you are having since last one month is most probably due to fordyce's spot.

They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted – which they are not! They are abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin.They are just sebaceous glands over penis and they are not harmful. They are not sexually transmitted.

Another less likely possibility is of angiofibromas. They are Pearly papules & are not infectious and require no treatment. Both the conditions are self limiting & don't require any treatment & it is not an STD.So there is nothing concern about this.Just keep an eye of observation.

So in conclusion,I would like to say that the painless bump you are having is not of concern & is not harmful.This does not require any treatment.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you like a picture to be certain?

Dear customer
Yes,it will be much better if you can upload a picture.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's not letting me upload .

Dear customer,

There may be some technical error that is not letting you to upload the picture.

Considering your symptoms,this lump is most probably fordyce's spot. They are completely harmless and do not require any treatment.

They are just sebaceous gland over penis and they are not harmful.They are not sexually transmitted.

Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert