Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I stopped my periods four years ago at the age of 53.

I stopped my periods four years ago at the age of 53. Two months ago, I had a show. Nothing since and feel fine. Should I be concerned?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--did your doctor do a pelvic exam and when was your last PAP smear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he didn't do a pap smear but I had one in November 2013 and it was negative. No, he didn't do a pelvic examination. Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--probably nothing serious then. Sometimes hormonal fluxes after menopause can occur and cause this. Cervical polyps and uterine polyps or fibroids can also be a cause. Of course, cervical and utering cancer has to be considered and that's why you're getting the scan. Most likely this is nothing at all serious but I had to give you the differential here