Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I was diagnosed with laborynthitis on February 4th 2013 and

I was diagnosed with laborynthitis on February 4th 2013 and have since suffered hearing loss (now have two hearing aids), noise in both ears, some nausea and imbalance-tablets betahistane for this.had a CT scan and MRI scan last year -all clear. also have chronic sinusitis- had an operation for this in February 2014. hearing seems to be getting worse with lots of noise in head and speech(other people) sounds slurred. can you help with advice ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--has an ENT specialist been involved with your problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have seen my own doctor and then was referred to mr Khan consultant ENT, raigmore hospital, highlands. each visit is roughly every 3 months and seem to be getting nowhere fast. concerned that hearing is lost permanently.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Murray. You need to see a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for treatment. Cervicocranial manipulations and other treatments can work for your problem and get rid of the noise and the balance problems. Your hearing should also improve with this kind of therapy