Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I had an mri on my hips three days ago. No results yet but

Hi I had an mri on my hips three days ago. No results yet but I have a copy of the CD from the scan. I have taken a couple of shots on the camera of an anterior image and the front view. There seems to be an obvious injury of some description to my right hip. I am a runner and pain in the sacroiliac joint has been present for over two years now. I have always been told that it is just an inflammation of this joint by physiotherapist. This is the first scan I had. I wonder if there is a doctor who could look at the scan photo and tell me what they think?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--be glad to but you'll have to upload the images on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't seem to be able to upload photos on this page
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
How have you tried to do it Sharon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to copy and paste the photos in. Should I send to the email link above?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Try this--go to Photobucket and paste it there and then give me the link. Alternatively you can send the photos [email protected] and they can email them to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have sent the photos by email [email protected]
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but that only comes up on this page as a bunch of X's--was that the justanswer site email I gave you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Good--give it a while, though, since it can take an hour or more for them to get it to me. I'll be back on this page just as soon as I get their email
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the wait period Sharon. Don't post any more on this page until I get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi just wondering why there has been no reply
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Sharon but I'm still waiting for JA to send me the email
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
s1372.photobucket.com/user/sharon_manning1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4d864f60.jpg.html

Hi this is the link to the shots on photobucket.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sharon--sorry JA didn't send me anything as yet. Let me ask--the pain is in your SI joint and not in your hip? And since there's only one good view there, it really doesn't show the SI joint
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pain I presented with this time is on the other side around the ischial tuberosity. 12 weeks now and was originally diagnosed as a hamstring strain. I have only low grade ache in the sacroiliac joint but gave just got on with it for more than 2 years now. When I run it feels like the tightening starts there in the sacroiliac joint and goes all the way down my leg. I feel like my hip/ back is being pulled towards the back of my leg. For some months I was able to manage by stretching it out and setting off slowly but as time wore on it happened more and more frequently and got more acute each time it happened.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Sharon. All I can say a about the on MRI image you gave me that I can comment on is that it looks like you have a labral tear--a tear in the cartilage that forms part of the socket of the ball-and-socket hip joint. That would explain part of the problem but you may also have ischial tuberosity syndrome with ischial bursitis. I can't determine that from the one view. At least the full radiology report will cover that if that's the case
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.