Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Since having my twins two years ago, whenever I am on my

Since having my twins two years ago, whenever I am on my period my lower back is so painful it is difficult to stand and walk. I hurts in the same sort of area a where I have previously had lumber punctures. Wondered if my bad back is due to the previous lp's or to my period but I don't know what to do about it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--have you seen a doctor about this? And your back is fine when you're not on your period?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get the odd back ache when not on period and but not anywhere near as bad. no haven't seen a doctor yet

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
And where exactly is the back pain Hannah?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

rite down the bottom sort of generating around my pelvis

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Hannah I don't think this is related to your previous epidurals but I would get an MRI of your lumbar spine to look for a disk problem. I think this may more be a problem with uterine fibroids or perhaps ovarian cysts so I would also get a pelvic ultrasound to check for those.