DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Our son, 6 years old, diagnosed with autism when he was 3 years

Our son, 6 years old, diagnosed with autism when he was 3 years old. He attends a special needs primary school but after 2 years we haven't seen any improvements in him. We started ABA therapy with him 1 month ago and we do notice some improvements. Our wish would be to have the ABA therapy in his Statement so he could attend an ABA school or have the therapy paid at home, either. How can we have this when we, the parents are not even taken in consideration in the Statement annual review? Can someone please help us with this?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What has the GP done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We haven't contacted the GP regarding any issues related to our son's education. Can the GP help us include ABA therapy in our son statement?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
In fact that is where you need to start to get things moving.
And to get the statement.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just to be clear, the GP can have more weight than the school when it comes to the information in the statement? Because from the school litle or no support so far not even an invitation to be present at the annual statement review.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
In fact the GP can also refer him for a psychologist evaluation, and this will even have more weight.