Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 15 month old son was diagnosed with an war infection and

Customer Question

My 15 month old son was diagnosed with an war infection and tonsillitis and was given an anti biotic. We've been invited to a party on Sunday and I'm wondering if it's contagious
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Tonsillitis may or may not be contagious. If its viral it is usually contagious. If its caused by a streptococcal infection which is a bacterial infection its also very contagious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If the tonsillitis and enlarged adenoids are chronic or caused by a chronic condition, such as sinusitis or allergic rhinitis, it is not likely contagious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Having said that this infection usually does not remain contagious after twenty four to forty eight hours.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So by Sunday it will most likely not be contagious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services by clicking on one of the rating options (smilies) below when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I would appreciate it if you could provide a rating by clicking on one of the smilies below if you are satisfied as your rating is the only way I can gauge your satisfaction.
If you are not satisfied do let me know as to how I can assist you further.
Kindest Regards