Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Part of my left eye went black like a line on the horizon .I

Customer Question

Part of my left eye went black like a line on the horizon .I had no pain or dizziness .It lasted between 1 to 2 minutes
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You should have this checked as ASAP with a neurologist.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This could indicate a Transient ischemic attack.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

In other words you could have had a clot blocking your artery to the eye causing your symptoms for a brief moment.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You need to have a complete assessment for this to evaluate where the clots are coming from and then appropriate treatment.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most common location where the clots come from is the carotid artery which is the main artery passing in the neck.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You will most likely require a carotid doppler ultrasound to have a look at these arteries to see if this is diseased and throwing small clots.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I have answered your question above. Let me know if you have any further questions. Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I need to have it seen today at the ER. Or can I make appointment with my own doctor

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
You can make an appointment with your doctor.
No need to go to the ER right now.
Let me know if you have any further questions. Rate me for my services when you are done.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I would appreciate it if you could rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
That is the only way I am credited on this site for helping you out.