How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8781
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I had a sudden lower back pain whilst sitting and teeth were

Resolved Question:

I had a sudden lower back pain whilst sitting and teeth were chattery and a bit light headed but was ok next day
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

How are you feeling now?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Is there still some back pain or is it all gone?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you had such episodes in the past?

Customer:

Feeling ok about 80% think the other 20% is down to feeling a bit nervous, only time I can remember is 20 years ago when I had a kidney stone but passed it in hospital, the back pain has gone

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Where exactly on the lower back was the pain located?

Customer:

At the side of my spine, I did have a bad urine infection 3 years ago which took about 10 week to make me feel ok again, anti biotica made me shake so I used Buchu Leaves which is herbal but my urine infection was cleard in a week

Customer:

I thought it might have been a reaction to some cod loins I had eaten

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should be seen for this and worked up with a possible CT scan of your pelvis and abdomen required to rule out/rule in a possibility of stone causing this pain.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I do not think its a reaction to cod loins that you have eaten.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that it would require further tests to make a clear diagnosis.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would recommend that you should visit your GP to explore the cause. It could still have been a kidney stone since you have had a history of that happening in the past as well.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Yes I understand

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Any more questions that you would like to ask me?

Customer:

Not really except have you heard of Buchu Leaves

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes I have.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

What would you like to know about it?

Customer:

I have read it up and used it but I would like your take on it

Dr. Shahzad MD :

My take on it is that I have never used it in any of my patients ever.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The thing with these herbs or supplements available in the market is that we can never be sure if they work or not.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There are no randomized controlled trials done on them.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So we can never be dead sure if they work or how they work.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So my advise would be to avoid such things :)

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Any more questions?

Customer:

Why is that when it works and is a lot better than filling yourself full of anti biotics

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand that it may work wonderfully well for you.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

For some its really great.

Customer:

I am pleased to here as a medical man that you have an open mind to other cures

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I but like I mentioned its something that has not been tested in randomized controlled trials so we do not know exactly how it works and if it works in all the patients in whom its administered.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But if its working for you you should continue to take it.

Customer:

Well thanks for the chat, Goodbye

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I have no issues with that.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)

Customer:

Ha Ha

Dr. SH and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Hello Brian.
How are you doing now?
How is your pain?
Please let me know.