Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

In february I woke up not being able to focus my eyes, Was

In february I woke up not being able to focus my eyes, Was extremely sick , couldnt keep water down, went to hospital and was given anti sickness injection and then two weeks of anti sickness tablets. Its not as bad as that first month but Im still experiencing dizziness when I put my head back or to the right side. Three weeks ago I had extreme pain in my mouth which my dentist said was blocked saliva glands. He gave me anti biotics but I still have an ache going up the right side of my face into my ear. My ears feel very itchy inside. Over the past three days, the dizziness seems to be getting worse and yesterday and today I have been vomiting. I feel that every time I move even to blink its like an electric pulse going through my head and eyes. I have spoken to my doctor but he says its just a head virus and takes time to get better. Today Im feeling very teary and afraid that there is something very serious wrong as I just dont seem to be improving.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--any fever with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i get hot flushes but I have started the menopause so Im not sure wether its related to this or my menopause

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Margaret--do you have a true headache with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not really,, sometimes I have a headache across the front of my head but i put this down to being on the computer all day

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Margaret when you were at the hospital did they have any comment about what was going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the doctor , which was redoc, said it was a head virus and would take up to two weeks to go away, there is not a day that I have felt ok since then and it was the first time in four years that i had to be off sick from work.

I have had a very stressful year with my father dying ,then in september ,the prison i worked in was told it was closing. i have now had to sell my home , luckily found another job in another prison , had a stressful time with my 18 year old son , about to move home this week, I put it down to all this happening and my life being turned upside down, but could it affect me as bad as this docto?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Laura and we can continue after this if you'd like. This sounds like either a migraine problem or a tension headache problem that might be caused by a disk problem in your neck so I would have you see a neurologist for further evaluation and an MRI of both your brain and your cervical spine. Whatever might be found I would then refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized treatment program that should resolve your symptoms
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr I just want to make sure this answer is related to me, my name is XXXXX XXXXX laura

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry Margaret--must have been a glitch in the system. I knew you were Margaret. Please let me know how it goes