Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hello, I am a 45 year old woman an

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 45 year old woman and was treated for a craniopharyngioma at the age of 14. I have had a reasonable life despite being left with sight loss and later hearing loss. Over the last 6 years or so I have been experiencing all sorts of symptoms and it was an opthalmologist who I visited because my residual vision is worsening that reviewed some recent scans and informed me that I have a left temporal meningioma and a white spot or lesion whrch is on the balance part of the brain. Apparently the meningioma is quite small but I think it is causing a few symptoms and the white spot is apparently indicative of lack of circulation. Should I be worried about the meningioma and how can I improve the circulation to the brain? Many Thanks XXXXXX  XXXXXX

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question Rachel.

Meningiomas usually don't cause any probably especially if they are small. It should just be watched over time.

As for the white spot, it is probably also benign. Most doctors will agree that people average one white spot or lesion per decade of life. So nothing to worry about there.

I think these things simply need watched over time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything I can do to improve my loss of balance which is difficult to cope with with sight and hearing loss? And could the meningioma be causing my trigeminal neuralgia?
No. The meningioma isn't causing this.

I would try to get physical therapy for balance. It will help a lot
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Doctor Phil,

I am so sorry if I haven't completed things properly. I'm afraid I struggle a bit with web sites because I am blind. I had a craniopharyngioma in 1983 which left me with little vision and I am partially deaf as well. As you can imagine, it makes it quite
difficult to keep up with technology. I am replying to your email now on a braille device which has no screen. Please accept my apologies for not filling in the rest of the questions. I shall try and get my husband to help me when he gets home.

Thank you for your help and advice, it did help put my mind at rest a bit. I think I have probably had the meningioma for years, as it would explain quite a lot of symptoms I have been getting.

Again, my apologies,

Regards,

Rachel

Welcome Rachael.

No further action needed. Thanks