Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i WAS IN SPAIN LAST WEEK AND HAD A BAD CHEST

Customer Question

i WAS IN SPAIN LAST WEEK AND HAD A BAD CHEST INFECTION I WAS GIVEN AN ANTI BI-OTIC CALLED TAVANIC WHICH CURED ME. HOWEVER I passed the infection to my wife who is now very sick how can I GET A PRESCRIPTION URGENTLY JAMES E XXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Typically, a person with a bad chest infection should be seen, not only to confirm the diagnosis, but also to assess lung infection, because someone with significant lung dysfunction will frequently require hospitalization.

Being seen by her GP would be fine if it can be done quickly, but being seen in A&E or a Walk-In Centre would be appropriate if unable to be seen elsewhere quickly.

Are you in a location at which it would be difficult for her to be seen by one of these methods?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are staying near waterloo station I can bring her but she does not want an Xray. she caught the infection from me the symptoms are the same.

I was given a seven day anti biotic which cleared it up,

The antibiotic was named Tavanic 500 mg

we are leaving on thursday Would it be possible to fax a prescription to Boots at waterloo station

We are unable to offer prescriptions through this site. We are only able to provide information in answer to questions.

It would be legal for her GP to provide a prescription if licensed in that area. However, it is unlikely that her GP would be willing to prescribe the antibiotic without seeing her.

As I noted above, people with a chest infection should be seen. In her case, it still would be appropriate for her to be seen, since she may have a greater amount of lung dysfunction than you had when you were seen. I know of no doctor that will prescribe antibiotics for a chest infection without first assessing the patient.

It would be better for her to been seen by her GP or at an A&E or Walk-In Centre.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my wifes md is in the USA cany ou sgst an overthe coer medicationtun geu

There are no over the counter antibiotics available to treat a chest infection.

This question appeared on the Question List again.
Is there any information that would be helpful?