DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My child has small spots on his stomach and is quite itchy..they

My child has small spots on his stomach and is quite itchy..they are also on his arms and legs but not on his face or feet..he has a temp of 40 early last week..he is eatimg well and is going the toliet regulary and is in good form..whay would you recommend?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
A viral illness
Chicken pox

Is he up on all vaccinations?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he is up on all vaccinations..if it is a viral infection will it just disappear after a few days or will a antibotic be required?

Doesnt look like chicken pox

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No, it will run it's course
Is he acting well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is good form but is going the toilet a lot today..he has also been suffering from nose bleeds over the past week but this may not be associated with this.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Vaccinations are not always 100%

If it is a non specific viral problem, allergic reaction, etc...you should see steady improvement and resolution.

If not, other infections need to be ruled out...or if he begins acting ill.

Roseola would be a typical viral illness that causes a fever, then a rash, and resolves.

Not a problem.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long should it take to see an improvement before actually going to see a doctor should things get worse?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
several days.