Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Irritating something on right side of my throat like as if

Customer Question

Irritating something on right side of my throat like as if there was a hair there
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you have this? Do you have any symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat, cough, bad taste in mouth etc? What have you tried so far and have you seen any doctor so far? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One week no other symptoms have had reflux before it's just On one side but there almost constantly have taken nothing. If I drink milk it disappears for a while
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am an ear, nose and throat specialist and can help you. You have given the clue yourself that what it is. It is inflammation of throat secondary to acid reflux. Involvement of one or both sides doesn't matter. Acid reflux can give this sensation even on one side only in many cases. We call it foreign body sensation like something stuck in throat. In such cases the treatment is OTC Cap Omeprazole 40 mg once daily for two weeks. Moreover you should avoid spicy foods, tea, coffee and alcohol. Never sleep just after you have eaten anything. Give a two hours break at least. Milk gives you relief because it neutralizes the acid for a while and you should take sips of cold milk frequently. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.