DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi hope you can help me. Im 50 years old was diabetic for

Customer Question

Hi hope you can help me. I'm 50 years old was diabetic for 36 years but had a double kidney and pancreas transplant last year and now free of that decease. Only problem I still have a problem keeping an erection and getting my penis firm . My wife has left me she says for a break but I think she's getting it else where due to her having such a high sex drive I know I wasn't satisfying her due to my condition. Just want to enter her but I can't even do that. I've tried tablets such as Viagra but still no difference can you suggest something to help me as I'm out of work due to health taking anti rejection drugs and herbal enhancement pills . Would these be affecting part of the problem what would you do to help me . Stuart
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What exam and testing have you had for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing as yet
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Possible causes are
Low testosterone
Diabetes
Circulation problems in the penis
High blood pressure or cholesterol
Medications
Prostate disease
Psychological problems.

Trying to treat it yourself does not address the diagnosis and possible underlying causes, some of which can be addressed if considered in a timely way.

I suggest starting with your doctor, then a urologist if needed.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not happy with answer as my DR already told me this advice but I wanted to sort it myself save the embarressment but you failed to do so . So I want a refund on the bases I wasn't happy with result also unsubscribe my details off this site as it's not as good as it sounds reading all the information which persuaded me to join. Thank you anyway. Stuart . Email [email protected]
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Repayment not happy with answer also unsubscribe of this site . Regards Stuart
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What questions do you still have?
You are allowed to come back.
The answer is correct
Do you have other concerns?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No other concerns thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Refund please my payment Stuart
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
We are site users like yourself. Customer service handles money matters, not us.
You have asked a specific question and I have answered it, and you say you have no further concerns, although I have offered to address them.

Your doctor apparently has also confirmed that you need further testing.

You say you have tried viagra and this has not helped.
If viagra, cialis, and levitra all fail [they are slightly different in action] then penile injections, as taught to you by a urologist, would be the next step. But also diagnosing the underlying cause here with testing. For example, if you have low testosterone, one might replace testosterone. If no correction works, a penile implant would be in order, and they do have a high satisfaction rate.

I am a bit at a loss here, since I have now extensively answered your question, and questions that you did not ask.

Has this addressed it?, or do you need customer service?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I will carry on asking questions. 1st of all Viagra never worked so do I tell my GP this so he could try something different . I did try thin type of injection which was already loaded and had to inject inside of penis head but found uncomfortable. Don't fancy surgery . So which drug would be next to try.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Cialis.
I find it more effective then levitra in a majority, but sometimes it is the reverse.
So
First cialis.
Then levitra.

But you also need to be going over the list above with your doctors, you should have an ultrasound of the penis, etc.

By the way, the surgery is relatively minor.