DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I suffered a DVT in my left ankle several years ago from which

I suffered a DVT in my left ankle several years ago from which I have sustained a substantial and permanent red blotch on the surface of the skin. The skin frequently scabs and the surface dies away in time. It is not painful but unsightly and I am embarrassed to show my leg in public. I have been taking warfarin daily ever since. Can I do/take/ anything
which could reclaim my normal colour skin? The are covers from below my inner ankle to the back of my calf running almost to the back of my knee.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6`2inches........15stone 4lbs....fit and well. Active. None smoker drink only maybe 2 units a week...happy and content.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like continued venous damage
Have you had an ultrasound or venogram recently
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, but the consultant saw the skin damage several years ago and told me it would clear up.....in time. I often find my ankle swollen.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is a circulation problem.
I suggest you ask for venous and arterial dopplers....over due.
This will show if it is a drainage problem or a supply problem.
Sometimes it can be fixed surgically.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Very useful

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome anytime.
Any questions
I am here daily.