Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

have nausia and felling light headed once a day. my recent

Customer Question

have nausia and felling light headed once a day. my recent period was very light, ( pretty much spotting), dark brown in colour, like what you would expect at the end of your period. There was no red blood, nothing that filled a pad, basically nothing, just a little bit of darkness i could see, only when I went to the toilette. Had abdominal discomfort week leading up to my period, which seems to be slightly better now. I can still feel something on the left side of my abdominal very slightly, but not as much as before. Also in the last week I have very slightly had light lower back pain.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have previous history of irregular periods?
Do you have light bleeding in your last period?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not previously had irregular periods before, My last period was normal, with a heavy flow at the beginning. I had a coil removed in December 2013 or possibly January of this year i'm not sure, but I do know that after the coil was removed the periods were normal, just a little heavier flow than before removing the coil, which I understand in normal. I have been monitoring my cycle on a calender, this is why i know they have been regular.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

You had unprotected sexual intercourse on 9th April & 19th April & you had this strange period/spotting on 30th April.

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.

So I agree with your doctor to have another pregnancy test now to rule out this.

If the pregnancy test come out to be negative-then the most common cause is to be considered that is when the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle,this results in blackish brown periods/discharge/spotting.

This particular brown/black color indicates "old blood".It doesn't seem to be due to an infection or anything serious.

So bottom line is that I advise you to first have another pregnancy test now & if it came out negative,then this will b considered as old blood of menstruation.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert