Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I find my stomach to be quiet sensitive, I have found that

Customer Question

I find my stomach to be quiet sensitive, I have found that taking a Tumms (calcium) tablet will help, but is not a permeant fix. If I drink certain alcohols (such as a shot of tequila) I have an immediate reflex to puke; this is not from a disliking of the alcohol, or from having too much to drink. I was told in 2008 that I had a stomach ulcer, but that was just from a physical examination (no internal examination).
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about this sensitivity? Are you having indigestion and heartburn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wake up and find i have some light heartburn, and I do tend to burp a lot throughout the day

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Jack--does anything besides alcohol cause the nausea problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only other time i can think of is when i haven't eaten, when i become hungry, and still don't eat, I can start to feel sick

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Jack. First off I can't see how a physical exam can determine someone has an ulcer but it definitely sounds like you have a problem with gastric reflux and you may also either have a peptic ulcer or an infection with H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug. At this point your could try daily Zantac or Prilosec but I strongly suggest you see a gastroenterologist for the H pylori screen (that can be eradicated with antibiotics) and an upper endoscopy to look for esophageal damage and the possible ulcer