Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi. I took the emergency contraception levonelle on the 28th

Hi. I took the emergency contraception levonelle on the 28th of April after a condom broke. I started the pill yasmin on the 2cnd of May however it says that it will not protect me fully until next strip as I started taking it on day 7 of my cycle. I had sex on the 3rd of May. I am still within the window to take Ellaone if I take it before tomorrow morning. Is it safe to do so? On all the websites it says not to take levonelle and Ellaone in the same cycle. My last period started on 25th of April and my cycle is 28 days.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. You shouldn't take the Ellalone in the same cycle as the levonelle since the combination may not be effective for preventing pregnancy. You need just to stay on the yasmin for now