Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a weird sensation on the left side of my head, actually

Customer Question

I have a weird sensation on the left side of my head, actually in my brain. It is like having a headache in the wrong place if that makes sense!/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--where exactly is this located and how long have you had it? Can you tell me more about the sensation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It feels like a burning/fizzy sensation in my left temple side on my brain actually in my head if that makes sense! I can feel dizzy with it too.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Is it tender there Sue and again how long have you had it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for my delay in replying,,,laptop keyboard is not working so in manual mode.

No not tender, just an internal feeling of unbalance and a feeling of pressure at my left temple, also pins and needles in my left finger and thumb apparently a ganglion on my hand but that is not diagnosed yet.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sue. I can't say for certain what this is but my thoughts are that it probably is a problem with your inner ear and you are having vertigo and you may also be having a migraine headache without that much of a headache itself. That said, since I can't examine you, you need to see a doctor about this as soon as possible since you need an MRI of your brain just to make sure you aren't having a problem with an aneurysm in your brain. While I think overall this isn't something that serious, I can't in good conscience just tell you this will resolve soon and not to worry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh dear, I did wonder that myself about ,maybe MS?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well, I doubt MS if the numbness in your finger has been there for a while and can be attributed to the ganglion cyst. That said, an MRI would also look for MS. The best thing to do is see your doctor right away about this