DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, my mother suffers from Fibromyalgia. She is currently experiencing

Customer Question

Hi, my mother suffers from Fibromyalgia. She is currently experiencing a very bad 'episode' with severe pain in her chest. She experiences these bad episodes approximately every 3 months or so. While she is suffering with this chronic pain she becomes very emotional and has angry outbursts. She becomes verbally abusive and has been very vindictive and hurtful to two family members in the past 24 hours. They have not returned to see her since. This verbal abuse if tearing our family apart. We are all only too glad to help and take care of her but the family members cannot take anymore of the verbal abuse and criticism which she dishes out regularly. We have tried speaking to her about how it makes us feel but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I fear that she may be suffering from depression as a result of the constant pain she has to endure. But something has to change as our family cannot take anymore.
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for requesting me.

Cymbalta is approved for FM and can also treat depression.

In fact treatment of FM is comprehensive, requiring medications, therapy, good nutrition, physical therapy and a graduated exercise program.

Anything short of that does not have much success.

I add TCM, traditional chinese medicine [acupuncture] to the mix, which is often very helpful.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/8fwvh-quarter-teaspoon-bleach-half-pint-cup.html?src=dn