Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi , I had coil fitted just over 5 yrs ago and am still waiting

Hi , I had coil fitted just over 5 yrs ago and am still waiting to have my coil removed ! My doctors have had no appointments available ??? I have been messed about since February and still no joy ! 5 days ago I started having like period pains and then some discharge which has now stopped . The past 24hrs I have been in quite alot of pain in my lower abdomen which is like heavy period cramps and its constantly there , I'm now worried incase my coil has moved or something. Should I go a&e ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that with your symptoms you should go to the emergency and ask for help from there.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Discharge and pain that you are having could indicate an infection and this is something that you should go to the A & E for as far as I am concerned particularly since you cannot get an appointment with your doctor.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

Yes thankyou I thought it might be an infection but because I haven't blead for 5yrs ! I thought it could be hormone wearing off but now am worried as it is constantly hurting

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes you should definitely go to the emergency.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would have an ultrasound done at the very least.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would also like to have a high vaginal swab done for infection.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

and would have some blood tests as well.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

Yes thankyou very much . I feel let down by my surgery that the thought of phoning them for appointment just gets me down. So thankyou for answering my question .

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
How are you feeling now?
Do let me know.