DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

A lifetime of mood swings dieting and disappointment hrt has

A lifetime of mood swings dieting and disappointment hrt has helped mood swings but can't lose weight at all now could an endocrinologist help me
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It depends
What is your TSH, this is part of the thyroid levels...

Or have you had not testing???

If your thyroid is out of balance, then hormone treatment can help you

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't know my tsh levels are had thyroid tested few years ago was told it was normal always struggled with weight even before menapausal have lost weight whilst on eldest duet but can't seem to lose weight on kliofem don't really want to stop kliofem cos mood swings are better wen taking it any suggestion would it b worth visiting an encologist
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
It is worth seeing an up do date endocrinologist.

TSH guidelines have changed: labs say up to 4.5 is normal, but over 2.5 can be hypothyroid, so this might have been a problem for a long time.

I would not change your pill until you see what the TSH is...as sometimes this is all that needs to be corrected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could these levels have affected my weight and mood swings all of my adult life my gp kept saying I was depressed but I knew it came in line with my monthly cycle
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
If you have undiagnosed hashimotos thyroditis it could have affected you for a very long time.

To get a clear picture, one needs to look at
TSH, T4, sex hormone panel, SHBG, and adrenal hormone studies.

They all interact.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last question is where can I get these tests done
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Any doctor can order them.
Any lab can do them.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.