DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 65 year old man. I had major surgery for adhesions in

Customer Question

I am a 65 year old man. I had major surgery for adhesions in 2003. During this surgery the colon was relaid out and tacked / stitched in place. In recent months on my left side, I can feel a dragging or pulling sensation. A recent colon examination showed no internal issue. What could be the problem.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
If you mean you had colonoscopy, this is not going to pick up continued problems with adhesions.

I suggest you have an MRI, as this , as opposed to colonoscopy, CT or ultrasound, is the preferred imaging for adhesions diagnosis, other than labroscopy.

If you have not had a colonoscopy in a number of years, then this should be considered.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do get occasional adhesion problems which usually resolve themselves .. but lets leave that aside for now. Also I know from the scope that there is nothing going on that is visible internally in the lower colon. What I concerned about is the continuous pulling and dragging sensation in this lower colon on my left hand side. I do know that the colon was tacked or stitched to the pelvic wall in a 2003 surgery .. Could there be something going wrong with this and how could I find out what .. MRI ? Thanks, Michael

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
MRI.
The preferred test for this.
NO, I think the adhesions have got worse.
I don't think it is the previous surgery.
a scope would not have shown this.