Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I havent had a for almost 3 months. I normally have

Customer Question

I haven't had a period for almost 3 months. I normally have every 28 days. done countless test all say negative. I've had 2 children and don't feel pregnant.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

Do you use anything for birth control?
Have you had much stress?
Have you had a weight change?
Have you had your thyroid checked? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We always use protection. but I'm not on birth control had the implant out April of last year. My weight is the same. No thyroid check. under little stress in work but recently lost my grandmother to cancer in March.

Having no period for 3 months means that you haven't ovulated for 3 months, since ovulation is what brings on a period 2 weeks later. Since you've had a number of pregnancy tests, I think pregnancy is quite unlikely.

Not ovulating is often due to stress or weight changes. Perhaps the stress of losing your grandmother was enough stress (added to the normal stress of life) to cause you to stop ovulating. Thyroid problems can also cause periods to stop, but that's fairly unusual.

Most likely your periods will start again on their own with time. However, since it's been 3 months, I would recommend seeing your doctor. With no period, the uterine lining can build up too much, and then you can have either heavy bleeding or prolonged spotting. Your doctor can make sure everything else is all right, and then give you some progesterone pills to bring on a period. That would confirm that you hadn't ovulated, and would prevent bleeding problems. After that, you could just wait for your periods to start again.
Thank you for your payment and rating.