Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

After 6 months of ongoing hip Pain which is occuring also on

After 6 months of ongoing hip Pain which is occuring also on resting I was recently referred for an ultrasound which has shown tendinopothy and bursitis. What is the best treatment for this I am already taking regular ibuprofen and painkillers, and have regular appointments with chiropractor due to long standing lower back pain. So far this has not helped relieve pain in hip.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--let me first ask have you had any therapy at all specifically for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just regular chiropractor appointments who goes through gentle exercises for both back and hip a dull regular pain relief.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Charlie. You need a referral to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized treatment program that would include many more modalities besides just gentle exercises and that treatment would be hands on by the MD himself. You might also benefit from cortisone injections. I don't think you'll need to see a surgeon about this and in time with the right treatment you should have relief of your symptoms