Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had a bladder and a virginal repair over 6 months ago.

I have had a bladder and a virginal repair over 6 months ago. For exercise I cycle my bike to work, I would like to perhaps push myself alittle will this effect my bladder?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I ask what you mean by pushing yourself a little and do you have any other medical conditions? How's the repair doing for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My repair seems okay, I would like to know if cycling will upset my surgery as I would like to cycle longer distances. I have a little discomfort when I have been out on my bike, but always the next day and I can not distinguish if it's just normal muscle aches or my repair? I have had the mesh inserted . I have stopped running,playing golf and going to the gym. To be honest I am not sure what I am aloud to do.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Julie. Of course you should discuss this with your doctor but I see absolutely no problem with any amount of cycling you do and for that matter I think you can resume the golf and the running. About the only kind of exercises I'd advise you to avoid would be resistance training as in lifting weights and maybe abdominal crunches.