Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Good evening.. my daughter who is just turned 3 has been having

Good evening.. my daughter who is just turned 3 has been having some symptoms for a while... she is always thirsty.. urinates alot... and her urine is a dark yellow and smells bad.. she has episodes of going all grey and dark under her eyes and going to sleep for half hour. She also has had 2 nose bleed in the last 3 weeks during the night which hasnt woken her up.. but she is weeing the bed which she never normally do.. we had her blood sugar levels checked and she varied from 3.3 to 7.8 both without eating 2 hours prior.. can anyone help me understand this?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Good evening to you. Has she seen a doctor about this? If so, did he have anything to say about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes she has been referred to the hospital as she is wetting herself at night now.. she has had 4 water infections and now she has been having nose bleeds so she has seen ENT and the doctor said she has a nose infection.. we are very clean people.. my children have a bath every night

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
How were the infections treated and with the numbers you gave me diabetes wasn't mentioned?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has had antibiotics for her urinary tract infections which we have fully finished each time..he said he ruled out diabeted cause those numbers I gave was normal! So what can it be?? My daughter sometimes gets an itchy tush too and recently had a huge boil on her bum too..

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Niahmh. She hasn't been properly worked up for diabetes and I think that's her problem here. She needs a fasting glucose level, a hemoglobin A1C level, a glucose tolerance test to start. She also needs her kidneys checked for protein in the urine and kidney function since that also could be part of the problem. The infections she's getting could easily be because of untreated diabetes. Hopefully her doctor will do all those checks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hasnt been properly worked up for diabetes.. can you please explain?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
The numbers you gave me--especially the 7.8--would lead me to believe she has diabetes but to fully diagnose that she needs the other tests I mentioned. I don't agree with the doctor who told you those numbers ruled out diabetes in her case
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for your advice!

Its really appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Niamh but please let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you