Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 76 years old. Apart from having high blood pressure which

I am 76 years old. Apart from having high blood pressure which seems to be well under control thanks to prescription drugs, plus a slightly raised cholesterol count (also under control), I am generally quite fit. At my last physical, however, I was told I have a 1 in 3 chance of developing diabetes within the next ten years. As I plan to live to 100 (I want that telegram from the Queen!), what can I do to help prevent that happening. (I assume cutting out sugar; does that mean all sugar?) Anyway, any advice much appreciated.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you exercise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. As said above, I go on the treadmill at least 3x a week and walk 2 miles in 1/2 hour. I also live a quite active life, as my husband and I own a business that we much enjoy and don't plan to retire from until God (or someone) calls us to Him. (Or Her.)

Get the book Eat to live by Joel Fuhrman.

Follow that diet and you will stave off diabetes
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.