Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Ive recently had a sub total hysterectomy 4 months ago due

Customer Question

I've recently had a sub total hysterectomy 4 months ago due to 12cm fibroid and endometriosis, I'm 41 and I'm struggling with finding the right HRT for me. I'm not good with taking medication only take if I really need it. Please could you advise is there an alternative I could take.
Currently on Everol Conti
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

I assume that you mean your ovaries were removed and that is why you need hormone replacement. At 41, this is a very early menopause, and you should not be without hormones. So you do really need it. The patch that you are on is a great choice because you do not actually have to take a pill every day. Another alternative would be a low dose birth control pill taken daily. I would encourage you not to be off hormones at such a young age. You risk vaginal dryness and osteoporosis. I hope this helps to answer your question.