Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My problem very painful joints all over my body want to know

My problem very painful joints all over my body want to know kind of med to take to releive I am diabetic
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this problem?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been seen for this and had any tests done?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please list the medications that yo uare taking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me more information on the questions that I have asked above.
Please do not rate me for my services until you have received an answer.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 weeks came suddenly
Seen GP no test prescribed paracetamol and cocodamol
Blood pressure and tablet diabetic
Medication. Metformin 850mg. Silva station 20 mg
Hydroxocobalamin 1mg/1ml injection 1000 ug
Aspirin 75mg
Irbesartan 300mg/hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg
Gliclazide 80mg
Adizem Xl 300mg
Doxazosin 4mg
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Are your joints swollen?
Which joints are hurting mainly?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It came like an attack on my joints causing shivering and stiffness and chronic pain on my joints. Unable to rest difficulty sleeping with pain and getting around never had pain all over my body like this before even up back neck.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
If your pain has not improved with the medications that you are taking then you should be referred to a rheumatologist.
The main possibility that should be ruled out in your case is rheumatoid arthritis.
I would also like that you should have your uric acid tested if you have not had that already. You should also have your ESR and/or CRP tested because these are the main inflammatory markers that are tested to rule out/rule in an inflammatory process going on in your body. CRP is more sensitive.
For rheumatoid arthritis, specific tests include, rheumathoid factor, anti-CCP antibody and x-rays of the joints. Although unlikely at your age but you should also have an ANA test (for lupus) done if the above tests do not reveal anything.
A viral arthritis is also something that is a pretty common cause of such arthritis in which case your symptoms should improve by themselves in the next few days.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below when you are done.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What other medication can be prescribed to relieve the chronic pain
What is ana test
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
ANA is an antibody test, stands for antinuclear antibody. This test is done for suspected lupus or SLE which is an autoimmune disease in which our body's own immune system goes against our own body.
Regarding your question about other medications, it depends on the diagnosis.
If, for instance, you are diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis then in addition to anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, ibuprofen etc you will also require disease modifying agents like methotrexate, leflonamide, hydroxychloroquine and so forth. If the joint pains are severe then a short course of steroids in the form of prednisolone can be used.
Also a steroid shot can be injected into the joints that are most painful.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below when you are done.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is ibuprofen 400mg safe for my age can it relive pain now before diagnosis
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes it can be used off and on.
I would not recommend using it continuously or for more than a couple of weeks in one go.
Along with ibuprofen, I would recommend using something like omeprazole to reduce the chances of gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) or ulcers in the stomach.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What dosage of ibuprofen would I take one two or three tab a day. Was told by GP no ibuprofen can cause stroke and heart attack in over 70 this is the only tablet that gives relief
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
One tablet three times a day.
The risk of having stroke and heart attack with ibuprofen is still very controversial.
But the best thing to do is to take it as required when the pain is severe.
Kindest Regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine